Thursday, September 30, 2010

The crest of an artist

I remember the sensation of pure pride and joy while walking through the halls of John Abbott College, showing off my paint stained hands and clothing. What a badge of honour it was. I was an art student and I got the study the best thing in the world.

Now, 7 years later, my hands are once again covered (to a much lesser extent as I've learned to manage my mediums) with paint and the side of my hands stained with lead. I still feel that sense of pride. And to tell you the truth, I feel it in a much more spiritually fulfilling manner. I'm not proud because of the cool kids in my class or the reputation of the art students or the clique I'm associated with. I'm proud because I've reached a level in my life where I feel truly whole. I am doing what I'm good at and I'm lining myself up for a successful, fruitful, happy career and future. It feels so, so good.

The magical world of studying arts is no longer unattainable or a naive choice. I know myself now and I know what direction is right for me. And I've found something that compliments all facets of my education, interest and skills. Satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment