Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspiration EVERYWHERE - Some recent finds...

I've always been a curious person I suppose, but my recent leap into a design career and increased internet surfing has seriously peek my curiousity. I mean, come on people, how amazing is TWITTER?! Compelling content that I ask to hear about. What more could you ask for from a social media website?

Sure does beat the 30 posts a day from that one facebook friend who spends all their time on Farmville...

And Reddit?! Granted, I don't have an account and am not the most frequent visitor, but my bf sends me all the links I'd be interested in. He's like my personal Twitter filter for Reddit :).

And on the subject of inspiration, did any of you head out to the Igloofest in Montreal this month? What a visual trip! The lights, the ice sculptures, the people, the music... and the brilliant event marketing. Igloofest = My Heaven = Marketing+Design for the 20 somethings.

ALSO, TEDxConcordia - Feb 19, I'm there, Baby!

I'm bursting with excitement from all the stimulation and inspiration I've gotten from 2011 so far. I'm hungry for more.

Here are a few items to spark you're curiousity as well:

JOOZE - The sweetest juice box packaging I've ever seen.


http://lovelypackage.com/student-work-yunyeen-yong/

A still from Amelie - exceptional film and the inspiration for my newly acquired haircut :)



3-D Crayola Chalk??!?!? Light years beyond my childhood art tools



Igloofest scene! This shot doesn't do it justice but it gives you a tiny taste...



I dare you not to love this song! Janelle Monae, thank the universe for you. Faster, off her lastest album Arch Android.



Vibrant floral patterns... I'm a sucker for them.



On the topic of floral patterns.... William Morris, Pattern God. (My new title image is a William Morris pattern)



Art by Gordon Reid of Middle Boop



Marian Bantjes -- she must be on the verge of insanity... Her work is insanely beautiful and insanely meticulous



Ink in water.... I am fascinated.



A final image to ponder over: Space colonies. Ya.... sit on that one for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment