Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Delicious Recipe #2!

It's cold, it's snowing, take-out is crappy and expensive. And... btw loyal followers (if you're out there :)), my first recipe post got me the most page views I've gotten since I started this blog in 2009 - so here goes Recipe NUMERO DEUX!

A delicious soup that is filling, tasty, acidic, different, and quick to make! Always amazing to try out new recipes that actually surprise you. Peter and I will undoubtedly be making this one again. This recipe was found in Issue 51 of The Donna Hay Magazine that included 25 recipes for simple soups! I'm sure I'll be posting another one of the recipes soon considering how great this one turned out.



Without further ado -

Chicken, Risoni, Lemon Soup!
4 medium sized servings


1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Add 1 chopped brown onion and 1 sliced clove garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add 4 chicken thigh filets, 1 litre chicken stock and 2 cups water and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Remove chicken, shred and set aside.
5. Add 1 cup risoni to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes.
6. Add the chicken with 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves.
7. Sprinkle with finely grated parmesan and lemon zest to serve!


Enjoy it and please let me know what you think of the it!

No comments:

Post a Comment