Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Joys of HTML and CSS

As I've said in a previous blog post, I'm presently learning web design in school. I'm actually really enjoying it since it's so mathematical and logical. Connecting irrational and dreamy designs with a rigid code and structure has been a welcome challenge!

Unfortunately, the Prof who teaches this class is not really interested in the design aspects and tends to give us assignments that are dull or extremely masculine (especially since our class consists of 11 women and only 1 man). During our last assignment, 8 out of the 12 students got stuck making websites on sporting good companies. Luckily for me, I got Playstation! I am nowhere close to even being a nube but the subject matter was inspiring none the less. I found a playstation symbol font and the project just rolled right on from there...

N.B. Please don't read the body content... I am so not a playstation type of girl! It's just weak people, so weak!

Here's a screenshot for the Playstation 3 console



And here's one for the PS3 games...

3 comments:

  1. It's nice though... it looks like a Flash type of design. I like the menu.. How long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric!
    Happy you're following!

    Took me about 7 hrs. It would definitely be much more impressive as a flash site, and much more appropriate for PS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree! As soon as I see Flash on the web I immediately think that someone took the easy way out on design at the expense of user experience. I think it's both more impressive and BETTER that you were able to do it in HTML/CSS :)

    ReplyDelete