Monday, January 30, 2012

Janurary 2012 Career Mantras from EB and MP

In chronological order:


EB - "Having faith in my instincts and passions will lead me to success and fulfillment!"

MP - "Align yourself for the next step by pursuing your interests and informing yourself about those fields of interest -- Who are the big players? What are the trends? How do you fit in? -- With this prep, you will be ready when an opportunity presents itself - and it will, just be patient."

EB - "I will not allow myself to be bogged down by an under-stimulating environment! I will make time for my interests and nurture my passions!"

MP - "Do not be undervalued or taken advantage of! You are a flower, don't be bulldozed."

EB - "Living for my passions, even if my next step is not directly aimed at my end goal, will be right for me and right for my path."

MP - "Focus-Focus-Focus on the big picture and aim yourself at your goals. If you want to be a hippy for the summer, only do it if you know it is aimed at your long-term goals."

EB - "Don't get overwhelmed, things will fall into place as long as I am creating, learning and pushing my boundaries. Think clearly and think for myself!"

MP - "THINK BIG-DREAM IN COLOUR-IN 3D AND IN MOVEMENT-STRIVE TO ALWAYS BECOME BETTER IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE - BE HAPPY IN  APPRECIATING LITTLE DETAILS - IT IS IN THE DETAILS OF THE DETAILS THAT YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUCCESS AND FAILURE IN YOUR LIFE! IT IS CALLED BEING "AWAKE & AWARE" - IT LEADS YOU TO ATTITUDE AND ACTION!"

Hannes Beer: http://alldaysgoby.tumblr.com/


Big thoughts to have only 1 month into the year... but sometimes tough love is what's needed.
This transition has been trying for me - from student to worker - attempting to figure out what's right for ME. I won't lie, I've been stressing. It's hard enough that my thoughts are all over the place and I feel that every decision I make will either make or break me. But, on top of my own insecurities and indecisiveness, my mentor is putting pressure on me to be the "best" me I can be. It's revealing, overwhelming, frightening and freeing to have someone hold a mirror up to you and make you consider who you truly want to be. I'm coming out of the other side of all of this pressure - more aware and realistic. The tough part is realizing the hard work that needs to go into becoming a big player in any field. And, ya, my ultimate goal is definitely that! 

So, next step?

- Patience
- LESS AGONIZING
- Active research
- Me time
- Art time
- More stuff like Hannes Beer is doing: http://alldaysgoby.tumblr.com/


Words to help me visualize my yearly goals -- steps towards the future!!: 
- DEEP-UNIQUE-PERSONALIZED-DESIGN
- SEEK OUT INSPIRATION
- LESS EATING OUT
- SAN FRANCISCO
- SUN YEAR ROUND
- $10,000
- TRAVEL
- ART DIRECTOR
- GRAND CANYON
- JAN 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment