Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Celebrating! (So much)

Ahhhhhh, now that the vent is out of my system, here are the wonderful things happening in my life (get ready for it, this will probably end up an extremely mushy and sentimental post):

Today, I'm celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my most amazing, intelligent and supportive boyfriend, Peter! My last year has been so exciting, greatly because of him, and our next will bring more of the same.

March 17th, 2009 - first date. He was a trooper and met about 30 of my drunken friends. I was so shy and intrigued by him. I was hooked from that point on.

We're also celebrating the generosity of his parents because they're sending him to meet me in Rome in June! YAY and THANK YOU, Eric and Kate! What an amazing way to finish off our degrees, enjoy the beginning of the summer and enjoy eachother. We will travel to the south of France where Peter's Grandmother lives and then to Paris to see his uncle, then back to Montreal.

And upon our arrival back home, we will officially be moving in together! We found ourselves a lovely 3.5 in Verdun... A perfect place to settle down for a year or so until we move to Vancouver.



Close to the metro, great kitchen and bathroom (with a huge skylight), washer/dryer outlet, sunny, two balconies, close to grocery store (with president's choice products), close to canal. And, as you can see, a tree that hangs right over our front balcony. Very excited!

Beyond Peter things, my semester (as exhausting as it's been) is really coming together. Feeling like a graduate and feeling like I'm standing out in classes - all around, really feeling good! My IMC project/competition team is a well-oiled machine and we're getting through our piles and piles of research and finally on the brink of bringing together our creative execution!

Alas, graduation is pending. I have mixed feelings about this one - but I'm damn proud, so it's a celebration nonetheless.

Finally, as much as it's daunting that I'll be jobless upon my return from Europe, I'm really trying to take it as a positive. No fear! I will be great and I will get an amazing job! (My mantra.... repeat, repeat, repeat).

1 comment: